How to Return a Broken Solopipe & Get a Brand New One?
If you are out of warranty, don’t have your receipt or did not purchase your Solopipe from an authorized reseller, mail us the main shell of your Solopipe along with a check made out to Solo Industries for $40 and we will send you a brand new Solopipe.
If you did purchase from solopipe.com then mail us the main shell of your Solopipe, along with a detailed description of what was wrong with your Solopipe (so we can learn from the malfunction) and a check for $15 made out to Solo Industries along with a copy of your original receipt showing you purchased the Solopipe from this web-site directly within the past 30 days.
(Please note: this is the only online store that honors this warranty. Solopipes purchased from any other web-site are not covered by this warranty) Now, follow the directions below:
UNSCREW THE BOLT HOLDING YOUR SOLOPIPE TOGETHER: Use a philips head screwdriver to unscrew the bolt in the center of your Solopipe, located to the right of the mouth piece.
PULL THE MAIN SHELL CASING OFF OF THE SOLOPIPE: Holding onto the top of the Solopipe with one hand, slowing slide the main shell down off of the bottom of the body of your Solopipe.
MAIL THE CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, RECEIPT & SOLOPIPE SHELL TO:
16 Fleet Street #2
Venice, CA 90292
How to Clean Your Solopipe?
Your Solopipe Cleaning Tool Kit comes with tools that will allow you to clean out any tobacco residue that could build up in your Solopipe throughout time.
THE SOLOSTICK: The Solostick allows you to clean out the chamber of the mouth piece by poking the Solostick down the chamber of the pipe. Any tobacco residue that builds up in this part of the chamber can be loosened up using the Solostick to poke down the long think chamber, causing the tobacco resin to fall out & be cleaned out.
THE CLEANING BRUSH: The cleaning brush included in your tool kit fits perfectly into your tobacco bowl. This way any time you want to clean out any tobacco residue from your tobacco bowl, you can simply use the brush to sweep up any encrusted tobacco out of the bowl.
How to Adjust the Solopipe Flame Height?
Just above the mouth piece of your Solopipe, there is a control that allows you to adjust the flame height of the flame that shoots over the tobacco bowl.
By using a small flat head screw driver, you can turn the adjustment control the the right towards the (-) sign to turn your flame down, or towards the left towards the (+) sign to turn your flame up higher. The proper and ideal flame size for lighting of fine tobacco should be no more than 1 inch (1.5 cm). Outside temperatures & altitude can influence this so adjust accordingly.
How to Refill Your Solopipe with Butane?
Your Solopipe will not come filled with butane. You must fill it with butane yourself before you can use it. Butane is available for purchase at almost any convenient store, grocery store, or tobacco store.
The butane needed to fill your Solopipe is the same butane needed to fill a Zippo lighter, and a lot of cordless appliances, and we recommend a triple-refined Butane to help ensure you can enjoy your Solopipe for years to come. Filling your Solopipe is easy! On the side of your Solopipe, there is a small hole which is where you fill your Solopipe with butane, when needed. Place the pipe on its side upright so the gas filling valve is on the top.
- Adjust the Solopipe flame to low (See “Adjusting Flame Height” instructions).
- Hold the Solopipe so this hole is facing up, and then hold the butane tank vertically down onto the hole.
- Push refill nozzle firmly all the way into the Solopipe refill valve . Be sure it fits snuggly, and there is no butane leaking out when pressure is applied.
- Now charge down in short 1/2 second bursts for a total of 5 or 6 times.
- The shake the Solopipe slightly to allow for the gas to distribute throughout the pipe’s interior tubing.
- Wait until the Solopipe returns to room temperature before igniting (5-10 minutes is recomended). This allows for time for the gas to expand and fizzle out the air bubbles that are possibly generated in the filling process.
- Reset the flame height adjuster to proper position which is no more than 1 inch (1.5 cm). Note, however, that outside temperature & altitude may cause the flame height to vary, so adjust accordingly.
- For more flame height adjusting info, please see “Adjusting Flame Height” instructions.
Packing Your Solopipe and Taking It on the Go
Simply take a pinch of your favorite tobacco & put it into the tobacco bowl. The Solopipe bowl is perfectly sized for one serving of your favorite tobacco.
Should you want to pack your tobacco bowl with enough tobacco for later on, simply slide the bowl cover over your loose tobacco, and it will prevent your tobacco from falling out into your pocket.
Your Solopipe also comes with a poly suede carrying pouch, so you can protect your Solopipe while it is in your pocket or in your purse when you’re on the go.